Caribbean Style & Culture Awards and Fashion Showcase 2018
Karib Nation Inc. is sending out a call for submissions from Caribbean photographers to be part of the 2018 Caribbean Style & Culture (CSC) Awards and Fashion Showcase scheduled to be hosted on June 30, 2018 in Washington DC.
For the first time in its existence, we will honor the work of photographers who capture and help to beautifully tell the stories of fashion designers and models across the Caribbean.
Submissions are open to photographers who are seeking to expand their network internationally and who are interested in runway and print photography. These persons will be given a chance to showcase their work before a large Caribbean Diaspora at various events which will be hosted as part of the Caribbean-American Heritage Month festivities.
Successful photographers will also be eligible to receive the “Award of Excellence- Fashion Photography” as a show of appreciation for their hard work and dedication.
Other benefits for participants in the CSC Awards:
Apart from the chance to receive Awards for their work, participants will also benefit from cash, and other prizes.
Photographers will have exclusive access to photograph the event which can be added to their portfolio.
Photographers will also be given the chance to showcase and sell their work at various events throughout the week including the Heritage Festival, the Pre-Show at the Guyana Embassy and at the CSC Award show itself.
Interested candidates must submit their entries by November 30, 2017
Candidates must send a full portfolio of their work to email@example.com
<<<<What should the entry contain>>>>
Each portfolio must include
- Personal details: the candidate’s full name, name of line e-mail address and telephone number and website url if available
- Full, updated Bio of your work
- A brief note presenting the artist’s approach (inspiration, themes etc.)
- High quality head-shot
- A selection of up to 10 professional photographs of work (editorial/print/runway)
- Candidate must have a US Visa and must be able to fund their own transportation to Washington DC. Karib Nation, Inc. will provide accommodation in Washington, DC (seeking sponsorship from businesses and other entities to help fund transportation and meals is highly encouraged. Karib Nation Inc. is willing to provide relevant recommendation letters – for the US embassy and to businesses for sponsorship- in this regard.)
The Caribbean Style & Culture Awards is a Showcase of fashion, music and art held annually in the month of June to commemorate and celebrate Caribbean American Heritage Month in the United States.
It is exciting, dynamic, constantly changing, and full of new styles and color combinations designed to amaze the world and highlight the talent of the Caribbean.
Over the past eight years, we have awarded some of the Caribbean’s best models and designers in an aim to provide them with an international platform and to aid in expanding their network.